Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My First ATTEMPt at making WANTONS!

was on MC yesterday, have been all out of sorts, i'm so bian tai, while watching Beyond Live 2005, many thoughts came to my mind, before i knew it, i'm sobbing uncontrollably.

Alot of my brain cells are dead, i did plenty of thinking..it makes me lethargic. in de end, i've decided to vent all my frustrations on WANTONS!

the mincing action of the pork is good, makes me feel like i'm chopping people up!
then comes marinating the meat....

my first attempt at wrapping it...take a look


Image hosting by Photobucket



not bad lar, got 2 different shape somemore one more for cooking with soup and the other deep fried.

now the real challenge come, "will the skin come apart while cooking?"

I'd my wantons cooked with my mee sua soup....


Image hosting by Photobucket



Thank god it still looked like a WAnton at the end of the day....


Image hosting by Photobucket



mum decides to have hers deep-fried...


Image hosting by Photobucket




ok, i think i pass the WANTON test.
It's one of the rare few times i cook for myself.

I like to cook and bake for a loved one, but never for myself. It's time i treat myself better.
I've to stop doing too many things, cos one of these days, things will always be taken for granted. (or maybe this day has already arrived?)

Men love women who cooked or baked for them right?
Will they appreciate the women more?
Do they see the hard work behind the food and pastries?

How do men repay their wives who rushed home after work to prepare dinner for them? and wake up befoe the sunrise to go to the market to get fresh ingredients for their meals?

No comments: