Thursday, October 27, 2011

Business Trip to Jakarta alone..=(

Time flies, when I first received news that I've to fly to Jakarta alone to attend a Asia Regional Director's meeting, i thought "still sometime to go end of October".

and now October has came and I'm flying off tomorrow morning to Jakarta..
*sings "all by myself**

After listening to all the horrid stories of Jakarta and how dangerous it is for a lady to be travelling alone there, i got kind of worried and excited.

Is the place as dangerous and the people as scary as what they had been described to be?



In anyway I do not want to take the risk and decided to take the very first flight there and last flights back to Singapore.

It's a norm in my current job I guess. I'd rather sacrifice some sleep and depart Singapore at 645am than to spend a night alone in Jakarta - it's not like it's safe enough for me to be out roaming and shopping alone at night there too right?

I wonder what will my  first experience in Jakarta be like...less off the fact I've to do a presentation in front of all the directors, most of them are Japanese. That's so totally dampening.....that's also when you appreciate and understand why do they make us do tons and tons of presentation when we were still in poly back then.

No comments: